View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 01:21 PM

Longroad, sorry to hear your tear has progressed.

A few questions if you don't mind, did pain increase with extrusion? Do or did you have good disk height when the tear was discovered? What is your primary symptoms? Where you diligent about doing all the right things, core strengthening, diet, no bending or twisting and lifting heavy objects?

From what I understand that an extrusion has a better chance to heal. But as Hooch said "No one knows what the future holds".

My primary symptom is sciatica, also if I sit for an extended time it makes things worse. I hope I get lucky and this resolves. I made a mistake in my first posting., it was 8/2010 not 8/2009 that this first acted up. So I'm about 8 months into this.

Hooch, I did read Doug's story and his entire WEB site. Very informative.

Maria, I did have 2 epidurals with no success.

The strange things about my situation is that the tear is towards the right at L5/S1, but my symptoms are on the left. I do also have a central herniation at L3/L4 with no neural compression. My pain management Dr. feels my issue is L5/S1, however my Surgeon for my neck reviewed my MRI and said it is possible that L5/S1 is not my problem and the real issue is L3/L4.

My sciatica is not really following either dermatone exactly, it becomes more broad. It does radiate to the top of my foot, not my big toe, or little toe. I know I could get a discogram to get a better picture. But I feel what's the point unless surgery is where I'm headed.

ANy advice from anyone is appreciated.