View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Default doctors

Magrego,
The doctors I've seen that seem to know the most about myofascial pain have been Osteopathic doctors. Their training is a little different than the MD (they have DO after their name for doctor of osteopathic medicine). They learn to do releases and manipulations in their medical school training. Some don't practice this once out of school and it can be a challenge to find one that really works well w/the individual. Don't know if you have this type of doctor where you're at or if it's only in the US.

Glad to hear you're making some progress. Myofasical pain is a real thing which I think we often ignore and want to go for more drastic measures and sometimes it's difficult to tell what's caused what in terms of findings as the body seems to have it's own way of adapting or adjusting to whatever trauma it's endured. I just know releases have been a good adjunct therapy for me.

Sounds like your lifestyle adaptations are helping as well and that's good. Do you have a stability ball to work w/re core exercises? It's also a great thing to bounce across the room gently of course!