View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Default Updadte on Cervical Surgery and Lumbar Pain

Well i am over 3 months out from my huge cervical osteotomy and lots of other work done at the same time down to T5.
I just saw my spine doc on tuesday, he sent me downstairs to get a NEW neck brace. So i got to take the part off that went down to my waist and around. I have a new style better for the warm weather, i hope. I really thought i was getting it off this time. He is so worried about me breaking my neck again!! So one more month before i see him .
My lumbar pain was only helped for about a week by the second set of injections. So he knows i have a crack in L2, i think it happened in my sept surgery so he is going to do a kyphoplasty and remove the screws at L2, but not going to write that one up until i go another month. He said he does not want to compromise my neck at all. He also sent me downstairs in his building for a lumbar MRI then back up to see him again later that same day. That is service let me tell you, no waiting to find out what is going on. so stenosis but he said my lumbar spine looked pretty good otherwise. I lucked out there the rest of my spine was a mess. It is certainly giving me lots of pain whatever is wrong.
I knew the neck surgery was really serious, but surely thought i would be brace free by now.

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5