View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:24 AM

Yeah Im pretty aware of all that stuff, I'm better than pre-op, doing some uni, before I couldnt even get through a day of just walking to class and stuff, had alraedy lost job/career, pain would blow me clean away by the end of it. Now I can get through it, just my facets hurt like absolute buggery.

The way I see it, the good news is

1. It's still improving post-surgery, its not degeneration.
2. I've only just noticed now, that I'm able to do a bit more now that pain is reducing, how stuck in extension I am. So they'll take a while to settle to what they will. The pain post op just stuffed my body awareness/mechanics.
3. I spoke to a bloke who reckoned it took 9 months for his facets to settle down.

Pre-op I was always in a bit of extension, due to that stuffed disc, it just couldnt tolerate even the slightest bit of flexion... just pain stuffing body mechanics. But there's cartliage there, and I dont think its severely arthritic as it can go through motion without pain. I think it's just a matter of unloading it as best I can and waiting for it to settle after the distraction, see where I am at 6 month mark.

Ta for the replies, and if anyone is familiar with this issue from their recoveries, pls chime in.