View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Lying Prone (belly down)

Are those of you who've had ADR able to now lie in any position you'd like comfortably? Sleep w/o pillows under your knees, lie on your stomach w/o waking up with a searing back pain, or back pain that lingers?? How about those who've had a fusion and ADR or just fusion?

I'm so disgusted because in this "am I too bad for surgery" quest, I've been doing plenty w/o back pain, and now yesterday I went to the beach, laid on my stomach a half hour (fell asleep) and woke up with a very pronounced low back pain. And it's been there the rest of the day, all night and drat it, this morning! It sucks!

Usually when lying on the beach prone I'd put a towel roll under my stomach but forgot about it yet I feel the pain is out of proportion w/the length of time I was lying on my stomach.

Partially I think my spine is due for it's bi-annual ESI (usually 3x/yr but WC denying another ESI prob due to upcoming scheduled surgery)...

This is a sickening pain that I hope goes away.. in fact, anything that reminds me of my regular pain is sickening...

I've been so active lately, hardly stopping to do any sitting around, never lying around except at night and taking good walks, even did a bit of rock climbing when in La Jolla.. or rock crawling maybe (my style to not slip/fall)!

I did dance a little yesterday and rock the old hips a bit tho didn't feel anything then.. just after the beach blanket bingo belly down position~

BTW, the beach was lovely yesterday!

Last edited by Maria; 03-23-2007 at 02:26 PM.