View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:56 PM

Default annular tears

Docs I have spoken with have told me they do not heal due to the lack of blood supply. I finally had surgery as I had a chemically sensitive disc about 1 1/4 years ago. Although I have had two rough periods, In general I am glad I did the surgery. From what I understood the entire disc really needs to come out either through ADR or fusion depending on other factors.

My nerve pain is gone from the chemically sensitive disc. I've had many good months. In an article I found by a doctor who is very familiar with chemically sensitive discs he says that people who have surgery with this do better after surgery. That is what helped me make my decision. He's a very good doctor who did my discogram. I can look up the article if you wish.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.