View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Maria, before my ADR surgery, I could not lie on my stomach without pillows under my abdomen. (I could, but it generated pain.) It was too much extension. When I had my L5-S1 rupture, I perceived that it was caused by front laying exercises... I even told my PT that he did it! (I wish I could take that back... I really understood so little back then... I went to PT... did the exercises that hurt... got worse... discovered the rupture... I was sure that those exercises caused the rupture.)

After my ADR surgery, I can lay on my stomach without pain, but I'm still not a stomach layer. Extension does not bother me and I can leave my hips on the floor and press to full arm extension without pain. (I just got on the floor and got into a backbend... not comfortable... but not because of lumbar spine... the rest of me is out of shape. I probably have not done a backbend in 20 years.)

If extension is a problem and it's from discogenic pain, ADR will most-likely help, assuming they get the right levels. If it's from facets or other non-discogenic sources... ADR might not help. (It still could, based on restoring better mechanics, but may not.)

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org