Thread: Success Story
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 PM

Default autofusion

I have a bulge now I don't even remember which cervical level though I think it's C5/6. Supposedly DDD throughout cervical spine and osteophytes which at one time I was told can cause pain and also can keep the cervical spine somewhat less mobile. Now I think my cervical "stuff" has been around at least 10 plus years or at least seemed to have started back in the early 2000's. If autofusion does occur more quickly in cervical spine than lumbar and gives the relief that the lumbar level gave me that'd be nice tho I doubt it's happened yet.

Every once in a while I have a doozy neck thing going on like my low back used to do when it would "go out" meaning I can't move my head in any direction w/o severe pain though the last time I had that was probably several years ago. Normally from "bad positioning" I get neck pain and spasms. If severe now I try to get an injection of Toradol 60mg IM to alleviate. Seems like I need to have alot of relaxation of surrounding musculature (alleviation of spasms/tenseness/tightness) for relief as well.

Haven't had any films of any sort recently on my cervical spine (maybe 2 years) so am thinking I'd like to see the progression of whatevers been happening in there. Usually the neck pain also spawns terrifically painful headaches. Rest w/proper positioning of cervical spine and a fair amount of Fioricet usually will alleviate. The Toradol generally does the trick if the former doesn't work.

If I knew "then" what I know now re spinal education and I ever thought any of it would happen to me I'd have not danced jerking my head all over the place and done alot of the stupid stuff I did. Very heavy back packs through out college certainly didn't help.

Last edited by Maria; 04-18-2011 at 01:10 PM.