View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 AM

Default thanks

Judy,
At first I was rather embarrassed to mention it and then I thoght why?.. it's shingles and just a reactivation of the virus in my own body. Then I was embarrassed as it was on my face and then after being told I had to be concerned about vision damage/blindness and/or brain encephalopathy I put things in perspective and just "dealt w/it." Yes it was quite painful although fortunately I had a very small/mild outbreak that was atypical in presentation as it just looked more like 3 reddened spots on my face (and all around my eye) and some bruising on my involved cheek. I can't imagine what a much more involved breakout feels like as the pain was pretty significant. Actually with all I've gone thru w/my spine and other stuff I'm surprised I never got it before and on my torso.

Live and learn. That's why I decided to post my experience and recommend the vaccine if one doesn't have any contraindications for getting it.

Just like many things.. never thought of it happening to me! Sorry your Dad had it and right before a flight ... big ouch! Hope he never has it again or Cool or myself or anyone (or the post herpetic stuff that can linger re pain/itching).

Last edited by Maria; 04-19-2011 at 08:35 AM.