View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 08:38 PM

Mark, how many levels of your Tspine have you had tested. I would assume that there was no need to have a control tested above or below since the discogram was negative. Even under sedation I knew mine was the pain I exp. , but was suprised that I have the same or even more at the level above the herniation, a tear. But something I have not been able to explain is that when they pressured the T67 disc, herniated disc, I went to scream because it went from 0 to 100 in pain and my voice box or diaphram was locked up, I could not talk. The same thing happened when the ESI medicine hit the level of my herniation. I literally cannot get a sound out . Are you aware of any connection from Tspine nerves that may cause that?

How is the pain when you are lying down? That is when I am at my best, I can feel upon standing up the knifing begin in exactly the place you would think and continue to get worse until I guess it reaches max compression and the support from the ribs kicks in.

Hope the ESI helps. IF possible request medicine next to the tear also, definite positive response when they put medicine in the spot of my tear along with the herniation. Also I don't know if some of these things are just a coincidence or not , but I had a much better result from my 2nd ESI done at the end of the day vs. the first ESI in the early morning, I had endured a full day of compression and nerve irritation .