View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 02:19 PM

Default re not wanting to see you

Shebo,
I think some surgeons just don't want to assume someone else's surgical problem or may know the other surgeon and not want to get involved or ? but I don't think it means you won't find someone who is extremely reputable and equally as well if not better versed in Thoracic issues to see you~

I've known of spine surgeons that have not wanted to see a patient after reviewing records for whatever reason. I don't think a reason was given just the denial to see the patient.

Too many patients that have had spine surgery have repeat spine surgery or more spine surgery so I would have to sincerely question that "policy." I doubt it actually exists however it might in this persons policy/protocols and procedure manuals though I'd be surprised if he even had that in the office. It would seem like if he truly didn't see patients that had previous spine surgeries or by other surgeons that would be a screening question done by whomever makes the appointments in the office and be stated "we dont' see patients that have had previous spine surgery".

Oh well not meaning to stir the pot but just thinking your time and mental energy is best utilized considering whomever else you might want to see and not letting this refusal to see you be a drag on your quest.

Keep looking. As Mark mentioned this oiffice may have done you a favor. Good luck w/future consults.

Last edited by Maria; 04-24-2011 at 02:31 PM.