View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Default SAS-11 Activ-C clinical trial to begin soon

I got to spend some time this morning with one of my favorite surgeons, Dr. Frank Coufal. He has a lot of important news.

Both he and Dr. Regan will be co-investigators for the upcoming Activ-C clinical trial. This will be a single-level study. Like other ADR trials, non-reimbursed expenses will be paid by the study. This is a randomized trial, but the control group will get ProDisc-C... not a fusion. Remember to take what I say with a grain of salt. I like to think that I accurately understand and report what I'm hearing. I can be wrong. Things can change. Don't believe what you read on the Internet. Having said that, this is huge news.

He is actively (pun intended) seeking single-level cervical ADR candidates for the study. You can contact his La Jolla office via La Jolla Neurosurgical Associates AMC. You can contact his Orange County office via Welcome to OC Medical Group. Out of town patients may consider using GPN for remote presentation, or do it on your own. Dr. Coufal believes that the trial will begin in a couple of months. (Again, things can change, but that is the info I have now.)

What great news!

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org