View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
No one will disagree with you regarding the politics behind the entire medical industry in the US. What should be and what is are worlds apart. The fault lies not only with government controlled organizations but also with private insurance companies which, in my opinion, wield much more power, even to the dismay of the entire medical profession. Basically, money talks and the rest of us walk.

However, you lost me in your summation!

Dale
I think the medical community is divided. You have your Dr Oz style doctors and a few old timers who became doctors for altruistic reasons. Then you have the hospitalists and organ doctors who are "just following orders" and then you have snakes who say "medical school was expensive I deserve a tone of money and then we have a whole lot of apathy and mediority.

The problem is very complex and MD are certainly not a solution. In the US we pay 3 times the world average for health care and over 20% of the US GDP is health care.

The FDA is controlled by the drug companies.

There is no federal agency that oversees the actions of doctors and hospitals and as a result the third leading cause of death in the US is doctors and that is according to Professor Emeritus Dr Barbara Starfield MD of Johns Hopkins School of public health.

The leading cause if death (although there is data that contradicts it) is the US medical industry.

Today the odd of getting a health care acquired infection are 1 in 10. If hospitals used the Pronvonost protocol there would be almost no infections. Dr Peter Pronvonost is a Noble Prize winner and he also works at Johns Hopkins.

There are over 10 medication errors per day in the average US hospitals and there are three wrong site surgeries a day in the US.

All of the above is just the tip of the iceberg and what I conclude is that even if your doctor wants to have your best interest at heart and be your health care advocate he can't. It's a sleazy culture where disease is not the enemy but a cash cow to be milked.

I recently wrote to some of my state representatives asking them to legalize the M6 and the neo disk. My reasoning is that if California can legalize pot any other state can legalize something much better.