View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
ADR Seeker, welcome to the forum.

Please tell us more about yourself... are you a patient looking for solutions?

The M6 and NeoDisc are interesting designs. As with all of the devices, features and differences from one to the next.... all come with advantages and disadvantages. So much of what is said about them and what we initially understand, is marketing spin. It's difficult to separate the important issues from the spin.

I wish I could write more about these devices now. I originally wrote about the M6 from SAS-7 in Berlin. See here: Mark's SAS7 Blog.

Interestingly enough, migration is one of the problems with Neo Disc because the jacket is so flexible and what keeps the core in place is the jacket. It is a beautiful design and is so simple and somewhat smaller invasive procedure. (This may also be something of the marketing spin more than important data because the important work in a disc replacement surgery has to do with getting behind the vertebral bodies to remove osteophytes and decompress the neural structures.)

There is so much more to say... but I have to run.

Again... Welcome!
Thanks,

I can see how an old style ADR can be in many cases such as young herniations be better than a fusion but the ball and socket ADR all over rotate. For me with the problems in my neck the fusion probably would be better than an old syle ADR but it still won't be very good and even with the new ADRs we are still in the orthopedic dark ages IMO. They are not even using motion X-rays as a diagnostic tool.

It's a bit scary when you go to a surgeon and your grasp of the bio mechanics of the spine exceeds theirs. Fixing a spine is more than just stabilization and restoring motion it a combination of the two and many other factors. A motion limiting shock absorbing disk that closely mimic the real thing is probably a better choice for most people.

The best choice would be tissue regeneration and PT that is not rooted in false assumption, pseudo-science and conjecture. Again, we are in the Medical Dark Ages and the brief medical renaissance that came about in the 40's and 50's quickly died when medicine ceased being a profession and morphed into a business and then became the biggest industry in the US.

I need a new cervical spine. C 5-6 is the worst and the cascade continues do to dark ages medicine.