View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 05:01 PM

Thank you for your replies.
Dale i did ask my spine doc for a new model a few years ago. they have model spine and spine parts all over the office and the room i was in had a full one. I twisted and messed with it until i thought it looked like mine.
so when my doc came in i told him i needed a new model as mine was messed up , he took the spine and twisted and turned it all over the place and handed it back and said now this is what your spine looks like.

I've had such extensive surgery now on my spine , i do like staying with my surgeon because i not only love and trust him, but he knows every little detail of my spine. Thus he knows what could be effecting what and has never jumped into surgery with me. Before anything was done with my thoracic spine we tried all other things for over a year and he just thanked me for being so patient with him. He also knows when to jump into surgery , like with my broken neck!!
He also knows of my other significant problems such as with steroids and my pulmonary issues so i know i am in good hands.
i do understand why he is going to the EMG and from what i read about them they can locate which nerve or nerves are causing the problems. I've had a total body one and my phrenic nerve/diagphram one so am pretty familiar with the electrocution!!!

judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5

Last edited by jsewell; 05-12-2011 at 05:04 PM.