View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 07:05 PM

Default are you taking

Anything for pain? I used to think I was doing better than other people because I didn't take any pain meds but I could hardly function at all. When I started taking pain medication and getting ESIs that seemed to help my tolerance for activity quite a bit and while some might have said.. oh be careful not to be too active or hurt your spine further I think that my body was dying for me to "dial up" activitity levels.

I didn't ever really get back into working out as in working out at the gym (after my 2nd spine surgery)tho at least I was able to increase my walking endurance which would have continued if not for bilateral posterior tibial tendonitis happening/flare ups. I can still walk a fair bit as long as that 's not flared up and can ride a bike which I couldn't do for years because of back pain. I don't push myself like I used to long ago just try to do something I can tolerate with regularity.

Upper body activity would be nice re toning tho I have to find what I can do that doesn't aggravate my neck. Lifting weight or even repetitive movement above my shoulders/head exaccerbate my neck pain.

Do you have neuropathies (take any meds for this?)?