View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 05:02 PM

Default hmm

Does sorta seem like maybe opinions were given based on reports vs. films though then again did these surgeons put the films up in the room while you were with them and go over them with you? I always ask the consultations I go to do and they have so far. Even if getting opinions based on mail away with films/reports I believe the surgeons have addressed the films and my complaints as well as reports.

Re the emotional aspect of this .. back pain or spinal pain (any part of it) is just a big bummer period (my near 30 year experience w/it).

The autofusion of my L5S1 area actually seems to have alleviated a good deal of my pain and/or at least stabilized that area a bit so I've gotten some much needed relief compared to past years when I was seeking more surgery.

I'd contact Mark M. here at GPN Artificial Disc Replacement ADR
He's helped/assisted many of us with getting our information to cutting edge spine surgeons for opinions and just talking things out which in itself helped me a great deal.

Dealing with this spine stuff solo can make a person nutz and sometimes we just need someone else's perspective who knows enough to be helpful but isn't directly affected by our decisions (family/husband/wife). An unbiased opinion (altho Mark has had lumbar and cervical surgery and his wife has had lumbar surgery).

good luck. We know the emotional part. For me alot of that had to do with fear I'd always be as bad as I was or worse, not to mention the chronicity of the pain and all the limitations and inability to do near anything. Who wouldn't be depressed or emotional?

You're Ok..just reacting normally it sounds like to a not your normal spine/life. I do hope you'll find some answers and things will improve. I'd call Mark or contact him. I did, many of us here have.