View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 09:00 PM

Default My House is a Mess

I went through cervical surgery in july of '07. Months of neck in a brace and not keeping up the house because of fear of damage to my neck.

Then the hip replacement with no bending allowed. House a mess still.

The spine pain started and anything i did seemed to hurt , so i started doing less and less and really never got to clean up the cluttered mess before all this started.

Meanwhile my right knee becomes oh so painful with each step. Trying to kill two periods of recouperation with one stone, I schedule knee surgery in DEc and 3 weeks later the first back surgery. You now know what the family home looks like.
For the next 7 surgeries same story. Now my lumbar pain which is really the first pain i had is back with a vengence and in my legs with severe leg weakness. Well severe for me, the exerciser .

Now waiting to find out the exact problem areas and for my doc to get back from his celebration of marriage.

So does anyone out there have a spouse that can do everything or anyone stuck like me with one that does nothing. Does not lift a finger. His paper towels that he has used for various reasons sit on the recliner (supposed to be mine), the end tables, kitchen tables and counters and on the floor. So not even lifting a finger. Any bending over on my part is so painful even though i live on pain killers. Or pain reducers as they should be called.

Bottom line is my house is a cluttered dirty mess and i am embarrassed to let anyone in here. I cringe when my landlord comes by (they live in the back house) . I always thought after each surgery there would be a light at the end of the tunnel , but i seem to be stuck in the tunnel.

Just another way that as Mark says, Spine sucks.

judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot