View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 08:26 AM

Mark,
Maybe decades from now they will be able to take MRI or some image that can show what the problems are down to a cellular level, and the software might even be able spit what the problem/s are. But for now I still think the technology is fairly crude, sometimes helps, but at other times leaves people as radiated pin cushions, with no real help. And the risky surgeries best avoided, unless critical, or unless failure of extensive conservative care.

It is low tech, but do you follow a daily physical regime tailored for your condition, including things to do, and things not to do or to minimise?

I blew a hole thru thoracic disc with a loose piece pressing on spinal cord 22 months ago. Operation was considered hi risk and months on back followed then a slight 'lift' in my condition every 3 or so months. Now I have very little pain, l get around ok, started light daily swimming, but still very conservative with any bending or lifting or consecutive hours on feet. I ended up taking a view that your body tries to repair problems but can only do it one cell at a time, over a long period, though not likely ever as good as before the damage. I know nothing about how a broken leg heals, but my body knows everything.

Could a combination of things like daily posture awareness, light core conditioning, minimise static sitting, lie down a few times day, or other things help? Very easy swimming with a bit of added buoyancy unloads spine, gives gentle motion, stretching, and controlled breathing ....might help thoracic area. Even add glucosamine for joint issues. So maybe a combination of modifications, and things done every day might help with the pain very slowly but surely like an extra drop of water in a glass each day compared to losing a drop from the glass each day.
Just my thoughts.
regards