View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Default incidence of thoracic disc probs

I'm wondering if the incidence of thoracic disc problems are higher in persons that have had lumbar and/or cervical surgeries (ADR and/or fusion).

It would seem that T-spine injuries can happen for any reason and more so w/certain activities (weight lifting? jobs that require use of upper body strength?) though I do wonder if persons w/other areas of weakness and surgery w/instrumentation are higher in incidence w/t-spine probs as well, incidence higher in males vs. females?

I have slight scoliosis at T7 and have had only several incidences of a pain in that area that is piercing and literally takes my breath away demanding absolute stillness and a fear of exhaling or inhaling.

My OSS said long ago before my cervical spine started to bother me that my Tspine where bra clasps in back would be next to bother me because of DDD there. So far so good.... probably lifting one bag of kitty litter away from disaster anywhere in my spine tho I often wonder if not upsetting the status quo of my spine any further re surgery to date has kept it relatively stable (even w/DDD thru-out). This is not to say that if one area demanded surgery I'd forego it~ just pondering.

Last edited by Maria; 05-15-2011 at 01:15 PM.