View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 01:30 PM

Default financial

Wendriful,
I think this has been the reason many of us have foregone surgery maybe where we wanted to have it and utilized insurance paying for authorized procedures that were covered even if not our first choice. In my case I didn't do either in terms of 3rd surgery recommended. Guess I would have if I had to or would have to.

The 3rd surgery I was designated to have w/surgeon here in LA county had an office that was so difficult to reach and even was the cause of my 3rd surgery being un authorized because the surgeon/staff didn't fill out necessary paperwork in a timely manner as required by WC. I then had to try for 2 more years to get the surgery re authorized and when I did it was for a hybrid surgery vs. 2 level ADR. I definately didn't want the same surgeon who didn't get the paperwork done to perform the surgery even though I'm sure he was more than capable and I also didn't like how the office didn't respond to phone calls so in the end it did add to putting me off from going ahead w/surgery utilizing the surgeon/his practice as I thought if that was how I was treated prior to surgery how would I be treated afterwards?

That being said there are many persons that have come and gone on this forum who have had EXCELLENT results utilizing that surgeon/surgical practice and waded thru the office BS. I know I should not have let that influence my decision as one is looking at the skill/experience of the surgeon mostly.

Good luck w/your endeavor and however you have to proceed. Finances definately play a big part for most people. It is a big chunk of change to put out and while it's best to try to get it right w/best shot sometimes we have to make do with what is most feasible for us overall (thus possibly complicating the decision).