View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 08:44 PM

Wendriful

i so understand the spouse getting nauseated with the thought of the money involved. I never can even consider going out of the country. I have found that i have an awesome surgeon here near my home in Ca. He did send me out to DrRegan when he thought DrRegan was the better man for performing the surgery. DrRegan did take care of the pain in part of my thoracic spine but i have to now live with a devistating accident during surgery which has left me with only 45% lung capacity.
My spouse can't even handle the copayments on a PPO plan with a surgeon, that just accepts what the plan pays even though he is not a provider on the plan. He has my best interests at heart and has treated me well.

I do understand what you are feeling as when my insurance co, denied 3 times my most recent surgery to correct severe kyphosis and a broken neck!! THe thought of having to pay myself was very scary as we are in LA and do not even own a house! I had to go to my parents and them turning in some of their retirement income . Not a good choice.

Good Luck with this difficult decision. Unfortunately money does play an important part in it all.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot