View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 06:36 AM

I was diagnosed with annular disk tear and DDD at L4/L5 in 2006. I had mild back pain and buttock pain at that time, when sitting.

Doctor referred me to physical therapist and the bPT managed to destroy my back. After therapy, I was in bed for the next 6 months, because of pain. I did not have insurance and was not able to afford doctors at that time (thanks to the US medical system).

After recovery I was not able to sit even a minute. When I sit I have burning and tingling on the back side of my both legs, from my back to my knees. I gave up sitting and tried to do my daily work standing or laying down on my stomach (this was a bad decision).

Right now I have mild back pain and extreme burning sensation on my feet sole when standing or walking. I take medication, but they don't help other than making me sleepy.

I have seen many doctors. They say they don't see the symptoms on the MRI. I am having another MRI soon.

Dr. Howard Tung in San Diego, wanted to fuse my disc, which I refused. Because the disc is degenerated, my options are ADR or fusion, but I try to avoid it as much a I can. Honestly, I don't have much faith on doctors. They do what is good for them, rather than what is good for the patient.

I do back exercise to strengthen my back muscles, including Plank, Cat-Camel and Medex machine. They don't alleviate the pain, but I am hoping exercise prevents herniation of other discs and preventing the L4/L5 to become worse.

I have cut lots of details, because I am not in mood now.