View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:34 PM

Gday, I went the fusion and disc replacement 5-6 months ago, on how I am now I should've done it 3 and a half years ago. Very tough recovery tho... lost awareness of pelvic positioning due to pain etc.. being switched on re physio is important.

I was at the point where mentally I couldn't go on in that state anymore and wasn't going to work. I don't know what would have happened to me.

I know you don't need me to tell you how debilitating your condition is, to my mind when I was like that it was quite clearly time for surgery and just hope like hell things improve.

About physio, you need to look at transverse abdominus, pelvic floor, multifidus activation, gluteal dominance over hamstrings.. there is a good book by Jemmet called Spinal Stabilization. It's the basis for pilates. At least that way you can rehab without breaking yourself down.

If you're considering surgery you've probably got a good chance of a good outcome, considering how bad you are and one level blown. Not exactly a risk taken lightly tho.