View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 PM

Default re MRI

James,
Yeah I would probably seek further consults at this time because of not just how limited you are by your spine - back pain but also the burning pain (annular tear related?).. but mostly because the rest of your body is going to "heck" in a handbasket while not physically active.

There are other diagnostic tests to have if one was pursuing the potential pain generator(s) creating whatever is going on.

Then again meds might help you enough to the point you'd tolerate being more functional.

I didn't go far from my home either when in worst pain chronically and when I did my husband had to "cart" me around in the back seat of his SUV while I would lie down. Things got better for me in 2001 after getting ESIs (epidural steroid injections) and starting pain meds.

My last job I was able to work somewhat as you are .. tho even that became too much.

Even if you get more opinions/diagnostics if surgery is proposed you aren't obligated to go thru with it tho there may be something out there that could help you. Have you seen a Pain Management doctor?

BTW I don't want anyone to get the impression that I am trying to steer anyone away from surgery only sharing what has been my own personal situation and worked for me (to date). ****** Also very sorry to have hijacked this thread.. this reply should be under your new thread James. My apologies to Jamie!

Last edited by Maria; 05-18-2011 at 03:53 PM.