View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 06:58 PM

Default WC

Hey Gil,
My experience w/the insurance carrier I had w/WC would only auth surgery in the states. If I went outside the country I would have had to settle benefits and take cash w/no future medical. Future medical is covering next to nothing anyway now so it may have been something had I known then I wouldn't have thought so important to keep in place then again hindsight is 20/20 as everyone knows.

I don't like the idea of a four level fusion. The idea of two on the bottom fused and maybe 2 ADRs on top as Dale mentioned might work then again doubt that's something WC would auth.

If surgery is authorized here by WC then you decide you don't want to have it at least then the cash value should stick if you're settling out your bennies to go elsewhere. Always a thought. It's still cheaper I believe to do mult level whatever abroad then even 2 level fusion, ADR or hybrid here in the states unless someone is going to give you a cash deal.

good luck.. understand why your head is swimming...mine was once as well. I think everyone does when presented with so many options and limitations and just wants to make the best decision possible to try and get it right on one try.