View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 01:24 AM

Default ridiculous

Come back when we are ready to have surgery... and how do we know that? I'm sorry but Dr."I'm too busy" should be getting paid for a consultation/opinion whether or not you are going to have surgery however I know how busy surgeons can be (worked with Neurosurgeons for a number of years back in the late 70's and early 80's) my strategy was to seek opinions with the idea in mind that if findings so indicated I would definately consider having surgery. I never stated to anyone that I didn't want any surgery. I mean we have to at least let the person we're consulting give his or her opinion so I go to the appt. with my "I want to know what's wrong face and see what you say."

Ok so you've tried meds. Have you had an injection of Toradol 60mg IM for muscle spasms? You can request this and see if it helps. It's often offered in Urgent Care or ER for muscle spasms. While I don't think all of your problem is muscle spasms at least in part it could be such as when disc material leaks out on nerve and then you go into muscle spasms as protective mode. I'm only suggesting this for very temporary relief and/or to break a cycle up. Worth a try.

Re SD area again I recommend Dr.Frank Coufal, Neurosurgeon for a consultation. He's in La Jolla. If you can see him with Mark going along that'd be even better. I think Dr. Coufal just gives you straight up what is going on and what some possibilities are surgically if one is a candidate for any surgery that might help. I also think he'd listen to whatever you have to say. Nice fellow and on the younger side (like in his 40s I think). Very thorough and doesn't have that "God" like complex that I have seen in many neurosurgeons of his calibur.

My PM is in SD at well as Scripps Mercy (Dr.Kevin Toliver). I have been seeing him for 7 years now and really like him.

I had that feeling of instability or fragile-ness for a long long time and that's when I mostly was in bed or lying down as I thought it was helpful and actually I just couldn't tolerate much else so I do understand what you're saying.

Last edited by Maria; 05-19-2011 at 01:27 AM.