View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 02:02 PM

Default good going

James,
I'd call Mark first (I'm sorry if I'm coming across bossy/don't mean to) and talk w/him. Get his opinion on Dr.Coufal as a consultation. Re insurance covering surgery .. hopefully they'll cover your consult. Often it's how the doctor/surgeon presents the information as to what is done/not done and how persistant they are on your behalf. There are other considerations as well though at this point like you say "one more consultation won't hurt" so go for the information mainly (from someone willing to take the time).

I read you had a trainer on another thread~ I used to work out with some physical rehab docs and they helped me a great deal w/my work out regimes altho this is before I started having cervial probs (or when just limited to lumbar spine). Maybe if you were seeing a kinesiologist or physiatriat you could get insurance to pay though I've not heard about trainers being paid by insurance. Good idea though. Probably cheaper than sending someone to PT (for insurance co that is). Not cheap indeed I'm aware as I have friends that are trainers. Good that you're doing that for your bod.