View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 AM

Hi Brett,
wow you certainly did your home work. Wanted to give you an A+ for that. I know almost nothing about ADR's as i was never a candidate for one in the first place.
Surgery has helped me , but i have 20 years on you and the only way to stop my horrible thoracic pain was to lay down on the floor wherever i was or get out of there.
I've had other long fusions with laminectomy's and osteotomies but one was due to my breathing already being compromised and not wanting to have my severe kyphosis make it worse. The last had to be done as my neck broke.
So hard to tell you what to do.
I've also had lower back pain (lumbar origin) for a number of years and have used pain meds, core strength training with a physical therapist as well as ESI"s for years. So hard to say what to do. Oh my lower back pain made me stop just standing in one place and perhaps sit more than usual, but did not stop anything else i loved doing.

I don't think it will harm anything if you can wait it out. But if you are really impatient like me, you may just want to go for it. Only you can figure that one out.
I vote for waiting until after the baby is here safe and sound. And mom is recovered.
just my 2 cents
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy