View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Default more than support

Forums such as this are a great place for understanding and support as well as education/guidance/assistance.

Unlike Mark I would be more likely to post if I weren't doing well because I like the support and understanding I get from the patient community however I find myself posting fairly regularly and it's not because I have pain really rather just to continue to share my own experience, point of view, opinion.

Like someone who has a chronic condition such as diabetes or Lupus I find myself identifying with people that have back issues. I feel fairly well "controlled" re pain so I'm in a much better place mentally and physically than I was for many a year yet I'm not so far removed from my spinal issues that I can completely live a life free of back pain/limitations.

I'm sort of in between the really good and the really bad. I think of myself as really Ok for now. Just like to be able to share that perspective as well since it's a pretty good place to be.

When in great pain and especially in the beginnning stages of the spinal journey the wealth of information that is available on forums as well as the empathy and support is a most incredible gift. I'm thankful for the the last 10 plus years of forums I have been able to access that helped me to get to a better place re my spine.

Dale, hope you get some relief soon from your upper Lumbar prob.
Mark, sorry to hear the t spine stuff isn't going away. I was hoping it had and still am hoping it will however that might be accomplished.

And of course I hope that for everyone that is dealing with pain~