View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Default re waiting

Judy,
I know many people have had success w/multiple surgeries or further surgery re continued pain/probs however I do advocate waiting if one is able to (meaning not absolutely necessary to have surgery) esp. in certain situations such as yours where you're still healing at another level.

I guess I find that after all that I went thru with my two surgeries and long haul with chronic pain that I am feeling much better so waiting can sometimes work too. That is not to say I still don't have some probs but nothing at all like it used to be and certainly nothing that really keeps me down these days or off my feet (except my feet w/bilat tendonitis)!

Low level opioid treatment is acceptable to me considering what I went thru for so long. In fact what I like least about it is constipation and need to use laxatives daily. Fortunately I must admit I take no other medication for pain now re spinal stuff so I have definately seen an improvement for myself in the last 5 to 6 years no matter what might show radiologically.

Hopefully you'll improve given some more time or at least do well with your cervical healing so that if and when you go for further lumbar surgery you'll not have cervical stuff that might get flared up or need attention.