View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:42 PM

Hi Maria,
I wasn't sure where to post this as i was wondering(assuming) that it might be a problem on crutches. I will see my spine doc for the ESI's on Wed. morning and tell him about it briefly.
I spoke more with the doctors medical assistant about the crutches, down time. I don't know what the deal is with the removed toe nails (probably just contributes to pain). But the longer i am not weight bearing on the foot, the easier the healing will be and the shorter. I am thinking at least a month on little as possible weight bearing and then only touching down with my heel. It is a bigger deal than i was expecting. but what do we do , pain if we do or don't. I can see where my toes wants to get deformed do to the arthritis as well.
Thanks for the shoe advice. Seeing i only have like 9 days left, i better buy something soon to wear aftter. I don't want to be trying on shoes with a new incision. Oh i guess it will be awhile, i have to wear the ortho "sandal" for a while first. Maria it is not being fused. He mentioned cleaning out the joint, doing some microfracture, if it needs it and possibly cutting a wedge (osteotomy?) I'll get that all straightened out on friday.
I see the doc on friday for a pre op and he will answer any questions.
So on friday , i ask quesions, pick up a presciption, pick up my sandal and wonder why i can't stay our of the OR.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5

Last edited by jsewell; 06-11-2011 at 06:45 PM.