View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 PM

Default small cars

I liked that about Europe in terms of smaller cars being what's commonly driven there. What I like about them is the ease of zooming around and getting in and out of tight spots and also parking~ so great to park easily.

Also great for a short gal to be also be able to reach over the top of a car to wash the roof. My poor SUV never gets that done thoroughly with me washing it!

My cars were all smaller until my back started bothering me so much I couldn't stand to sit in my car for a 10 minute drive. In fact I never used to comtemplate bigger vehicles as I was always considered milage/gas until it just wasn't the overriding concern re picking out a vehicle that suited me.

Now my back doesn't bother me the way it used to and I find that I can sit in some smaller vehicle seats w/o too much discomfort if they are fairly supportive and can also hoist my rear out of the seats w/o major effort. That wasn't the case in the mid - late 90's thru 2005 or so for me!

The smart car is pretty cool and the price isn't so bad either. I've thought about buying one though I'd prefer a car with a back seat (just in case I have to lie down back there while someone else drives~ hasn't happened in quite some time tho spinal stuff does have a way of recurring as many of us know unfortunately!)!
The trip to Europe sounds GREAT all by itself!

Last edited by Maria; 06-15-2011 at 08:24 PM.