View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 01:15 AM

Thank you Maria, The fact that you have had toe surgery has been such a great help to me. I know it will be more pain than I expected. I know from you as well as patient accounts. I still don't know how much more recovery time the osteotomy is going to cost me.
I am really scared about the crutches as my limbs are so weak. I have been doing a tiny bit of practice and boy my arms cannot handle it and only one leg, i've been having trouble getting up and walking on 2 legs. i have muscle weakness from taking prednisone for a few years. My endo. says it can take like 3 years to go away. I have been trying really hard to get stronger and i get nowhere.
the other part that scares me about crutches is my back and very much so. I just had epidurals today , lots of pain when i woke up in my right hip area that has been bothering me since i woke up from my sept 24th surgery. I got on crutches for about 3 steps each of the last 2 days. My first step is difficult and excrutiating to my back/hip area. So it does scare me, i may be spending more time in bed than i anticipated. I will surely see if bed rest helps my lumbar spine.
I also know from you to get my muscle spasm drugs ready for action.
I sure hope you can make it to the beach next time. I'll go anytime. Or any other place. I don't know enough people here in socal , i need to get out more for sure.

Thanks so much for your crutches and foot surgery info. I appreciate it so much. I told my spine surgeon today about the upcomming surgery, he thought i would be ok on crutches. We'll see.

judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot