View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 01:28 PM

Default re crutches

Judy,
I think your concerns re use of crutches is very valid and I'd be equally as concerned (worried) as you are about the use then again if your option is to stay in bed more for a period of time and just use the crutches to ambulate to bathroom/kitchen and so forth that might work.

I don't relish the idea of being on crutches again myself or I would have had my bunion on right foot done and hammertoes taken care of already. My PCP, PM, and OSS have all said that sooner is better considering the aging process and ortho concerns I already have.

Oh well..still I can never find the right time to do anything until it's absolutely necessary so when it gets to that point I'll do it.

My hands and wrists bother me greatly in terms of how I use them w/crutches. Pretty significant arthritis in both thumbs, fingers and wrists just hurt when I use crutches.

I would have loved to make it to the beach w/you and Mark and dogs so will look forward to it in the future. Glad you got your epi for your back. Mine used to work right away and always helped me tho WC repeatedly denies them now in attempts to make me settle WC future medical benefits so I do without.

Wishing you the best w/toe surgery and please keep us posted!