View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Default First 'real' censorship

I regret that after almost 5 years of operating iSpine, I finally feel the need to censor some content. In the past, blatant spammers have been banned and someone who was clearly posting NOT for the benefit of the community was also banned, but I've never had to get involved because of content.

Recently, the user, ADR seeker, has been posting links to a website with the url: medicalholocaust dot blogspot dot com.

In my opinion, the invocation of swastikas, references to Nazis and fascists, and hyperbolic language equating what takes place in modern hospitals to the holocaust is so far over the top that I find it beyond being just ridiculous. I find it offensive. I have the honor of getting to spend a lot of time with many of the nation’s and world’s leading spine surgeons and I find that most of them are wonderful human beings who are doing their best to help us. Anything that attempts to equate what happens in our medical system to the systematic annihilation of people because of their religion, politics or sexual orientation; is outrageous.

This message is being sent to ADR seeker. I will not ban him or her as long as he or she wants to come here and post useful information and support for the other members. Unfortunately, this is all subjective and there are no hard and fast rules that can be invoked. In my opinion, this is not going to help the community and I find it offensive, so I’m going to delete this. I think my record is pretty good, with this being the only time I’ve deleted information because of the content.

ADR seeker, if the link to the medical holocaust website is in your signature file, please delete it. If you wish to stay and be a productive member of the iSpine community, please do.

iSpine is intended to be a place for spine patients to come and find useful information and support from other spine patients. While there may be some truth mixed in with the offensive information, I personally do not find this to be useful and I don’t think it’s likely to lead to productive discussions. For ADR seeker and others who disagree and think that this information is useful, I apologize, but it’s my call and I’m making it. For those who like hyperbole about modern medicine with nearly every doctor being a monster and nearly every politician being a whore… you’ll find a welcome home on medicalholocaust dot blogspot dot com. Some of what is there is true, but again, I don’t think this is what people come to iSpine for.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org