View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 04:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylstewart67 View Post
adr seeker, i think what you are looking for here is some sympathy and empathy. you have these feeling because you're in pain. Please let us all remember that pain makes you think, feel, act differently than you normally would. i hope you find a doctor that can help you. i too am back in chiropratic after surgery and i am barely maintaining. i too have been treated like a drug seeker by a doctor when i made it clear i did'nt want narcotics! i told him that i was still trying to work, but he treated me like a criminal anyway. having said that, i know there are some doctors that still beleive in treating with compasion. please try to not give up.

I am motivated by more than the pain but the pain is a catalyst.

I Dec of 2006 I watched my mother die because a doctor was to lazy to read her chart and gave her a shot of Ativan in her IV. My father was also killed by a medical error.

I have been treated like a drug seeker to. The PM doctor wanted me to take 4 oxycontins a day in spite of the fact that I asked for something non opiate for my pain. I wanted a cortisone injection like I had when I lived in NJ.

This creep who had an onsite pharmacy wanted me to sign a pain contract and insisted I take the oxys. He told me that I would be drug tested and if I didn't have a level of it in urine or blood he would assume I was selling it. I have an overwhelming urge to beat the snot out of this guy and in hindsight I wish I had. It would have been worth it.

He said he would not see me for non compliance. I didn't want to become a junkie but he did. He wanted to put 100 bucks in his pocket every week while covering his but form the feds. Multiply that times 50 patients. Were talking talking top of the line Mercedes.

When this first happened I was misdiagnosed. I was then treated like a cash cow and given the wrong PT. I asked about traction. Traction had fallen out of favor in leiu of doing nothing but NSAIDS. In new herniations traction is effective but the doc said it isn't. Now I have multi levels.