View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 AM

Default About being independent

Judy,
I was living w/my husband during my first foot surgery tho he was working all day plus so it was like being alone. Not a good nurse at all either unfortunately. Oh well..

2nd foot surgery I was living alone. Hub took me for the surgery and had to leave that evening afterwards and man o man did I ever have a rough go of it.

Oh well.. that's life! I survived! Here's what I would say about the upcoming class on Sunday and that is ~ if it's going to potentially put more strain on the rest of your body and set you back because you had to do way more than you're ready for or able to do then it's not a wise decision whether you consider yourself independent/ a go getter or whatever..

We have to pay attention to our bodies and do what is needed at the time so I'd just caution you there to exercise caution. To me you don't sound ready for this at all tho then again I'm thinking back to where I was at one week after both of my foot surgeries and I couldn't have done that.

take it easy and heal as necessary and don't put the rest of your body in jeopardy because your mind doesn't need the rest that your feet or other bodily parts do!