View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Administrator

I've not been posting this week at all because of my own issues. This post is a little overdue. This situation has taught me something.

I have always erred on the side of less moderation instead of more. In these instances, there is never a perfect way to deal with things. (IMHO) Nobody who moderates a forum like this will take these issues lightly. I did not, but I wish I had handled things a little differently. I wish I would have elected to communicate directly to ADR seeker, BEFORE I decided what to do. He responded with a very nice note, stating his case and noting that he respected my position in this. I'm sorry I could not respond sooner. I very much appreciate his reply and I'm very glad that he will stay and contribute to the iSpine community. I hope the discussion is varied and that the horrors of medicine do not dominate his/her topics.

The iSpine community is here to provide information and support related to our spinal ordeals. While I'm glad that this did not turn into a big 'dust-up' with hurt feelings and angry members, I appreciate that we don't all have the same experiences and therefore our opinions will vary widely. As long as we all take an adult approach, iSpine will continue to be a useful tool for spine patients and hopefully.

If there is a thread that ADR seeker would like to represent the discussion about the horrors of medicine, I'll go back (or he can go back) and restore the link to the medical holocaust website. Just because I and others may find it offensive, does not mean that it has no place here.

Thanks to everyone for your participation here and for maintaining the high level of discourse that we have here.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org