Thread: Mind on Lyrica
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 11:31 PM

Default re changes

Dale,
I've been on Neurontin since 1998. I used to read so much that I'd have 3 books going at the same time and finish them in one week, and that was while working full time and being able to go out, work out and so forth~

Since starting Methadone in 2001 I found that the concentration with the two drugs has been difficult and I also went thru some eyesight changes altho I had laser surgery on my eyes several months prior to onset of starting Methadone.

I don't concentrate terribly well tho can read if I'm interested and my eyes don't start playing tricks on me with blurring and so forth. I had even gotten reading glasses but later found I didn't need them. For about a year or so I could read well without any blurring or actually in ability to focus well.

It now seems I can focus sometimes, and sometimes not. My reading prescription has not changed much in the last few years and my dosage of medication hasn't changed at all.

I'm 53 and mostly just feel distracted much of the time and I do believe that's the meds combined with my life at the moment. I have always loved to read so I continue to try... and then try to remember what I just read!!!!

My memory has taken the biggest dive I think~ age & meds with a big emphasis on the meds!!!!!