View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsewell View Post
Thanks for the advice. I have been on testosterone for about 5 years now. I have an excellent endocrinologist. I flew from Georgia to So Cal to meet him back when i lived in Georgia. He is the greatest for diagnosing endocrine problems especially those that are out of the ordinary.

I did my research for months to find him. All the endo's I saw in the Atlanta area told me i was fine. I have hypopituitarism and replace many hormones. I also have adrenal insufficiency.
I always wonder if the years of untreated endocrine disease created the low bone density.
I always drank my milk and take supplements now and every time my vitamin D is checked it is way high.
judy
I'm not a doctor but I took the time to think and I smelled an endocrine/hormonal disorder; of course I was not thinking of ways to exploit your illness and turn you into a cash vending machine.

GPs 40 years ago would have figured it out. It really is tragic that you had to go all the way across the country to get the right medical care and it is even more tragic that over 1 million Americans go overseas each year to get the help they need. I can't believe that the doctors today are as dumb as they act.

I hope that the testosterone does the trick and increase your bones. There are other minerals involved in bone growth. Vit K plays a role and vitamin C is also needed for bone growth and maintenance minerals magnesium and fluorine also help bones.