View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 PM

Default 2 Month Post-op

Greetings. I had my 2 month appt today and the doctor is very happy with the xrays and my recovery. He said I'm where he would expect or maybe a little bit better. Two weeks ago 2 of my grandkids ages 3 and 5 were here for a week. Both of them boys and if you could bottle their energy you could provide enough electricity to light up California for a year or more. When they left I was ready for a rest. I'm doing PT three times a week. Still taking quite a bit of pain meds, but I can see that changing in the near future. I'm able to do alot more than prior to surgery. I cooked dinner once last week, first time in awhile. I had to do it in stages but I'm ok with that. I try to walk about a mile a day. It's hard to do sometimes because my knees are bad. I sometimes get frustrated, as I'm sure most people do, because I want to do more. I have learned to relax and not worry so much about that, I feel confident at this point that as time progresses so will the complexity or difficulty of things I can do will change. At this point I couldn't be much happier with the outcome. Still a ways to go, but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. Tomorrow I'm going to join our community rec center. They have some great indoor facilities that I can use. The heat here in TX is unbearable to walk in. I've been cleared to walk in a pool. Can't wait to give that a shot. Will be refreshing. Will keep you posted. I hope all are doing well and thanks again for the support.

J