View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:33 AM

Question worried about nerve damage

hello,i am new to this site,i have suffered for many years with lower back pain.that has left me misery.and to get any kind of help these days seems like a full time job.i have a moderate degree of disc loss between my l5s1,i also have a large central to right disc protrusion that abuts and deforms the thecal sac.i also have a bulge of the annulus fibrosis causing bilateral neural femoral compromise.the herination is causing central canal stenosis.i had my mri 6 months ago,i had one consult with a surgeon,waiting for 1 more consult with another but i have to wait until august,i did not like the first one,i waited 2 hour for him and he was short and quick i had a list of question to ask,and he said his nurse can answer my questions?? is this the norm??i have been in bed for days on end,i cant take the pain anymore,i feel like something is moving on my right side,my back, butt, and leg are on fire,not to mention the weakness i am going through.and the pins and needles in my leg,most of my pain is on my right side,but know i am starting to feel pain on my left side.i wont be going to this surgeon anyway so i did not call his nurse.will i end up having nerve damage from this????i am not even sure what they will do as far as surgery goes.i am tired of pills,the pain and doctors.i just followed up with my pcp,and told him he needs to find someone to help me soon,i am about to lose it.my poor kids just dont know how to talk to me anymore,i am miserable.i dont understand why things take so long.