View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 AM

Welcome dismissed,
sorry you are in so much pain, I have been in your situation many times . I should say for many years.
Can you be sent to a pain management doctor while waiting for your back to get evaluated by another surgeon? I did and it made a world of difference.
I agree and would never go back to that surgeon. That is not the way it is. Well with the doctors we reject. I have a wonderful spine surgeon who would explain things to me and find out about other aspects of my health and life in general.
I don't know what it takes to have permanent nerve damage. As far as the spine symptoms are. I know lots of people have sciatica and have surgery and it is gone.
What i have done recently for my lumbar spine pain is to have a set of lumbar injections by my surgeon. I just did 2 weeks ago and they took care of the weakness i felt in my legs, one foot that always got numb, and some pain on my left side. Unfortunately they did not help my right side!!
Others will come on with more knowledge than me, but i just wanted to try and say hi and welcome you
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot