View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:37 PM

Default thanks re harness/pulling

I'll check out the halti harness. I bought Lola various kinds of harnesses or leashes to guide her walking and she is one tough nut. Schnauzers definately have a mind of their own. The lab that she lived with for a year was the best dog ever to walk and I enjoyed every single minute of a walk with that dog even in the rain. Sometimes as much as I love my dog it feels like I'm being tortured when walking her so I can imagine how she feels!

Recently while we were in San Diego Co. she got a foxtail up her right nostril and she got it removed but she has been a somewhat different dog since then re walking. I spent thousands of dollars between her and my two old persians that got sick while we were there (upper resp infection my 14 y.o. maile persian and irritiable bowel syndrome for the 15y.o. Persian).

The cats are now doing good tho Lola still has me wondering if a foxtail is lodged in her brain or something... I'm going to take her to the Vet and see what he thinks as she's acting weird and walking kinda weird like tentatively and stopping every so often and just sitting there looking at me. She normally looks at me very defiantly and now it's like rather vacantly but still she's not budging. I even had to pick her up and carry her 2 blocks recently which while doable was definately a work out.