Thread: Mind on Lyrica
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 12:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Blairsara
Default lyrica issues

I know you were looking for people in their mid-50s to answer your question but I thought that hearing from me could also be helpful. I'm 25 and my PM doctor put me on lyrica. I had to stop taking it because I basically felt like "I was f*#ked up all the time" i couldnt concentrate on anything, which by the way is not a good thing when youre in law school. I had to reread things over and over and over again where just on pain meds I had/have to read it maybe once or twice.

I was taking 150 mg/day for about 2 months and after realizing the negative side effects I stopped taking the meds. I'm sure that getting older has somethign to do with it, my mom is in her late 50s and she forgets why she walks into a room, or gets side tracked from saying something and then forgets what she was talking about. But I'm sure that if Lyrica had a somewhat similar but definitely not as severe effect on me and I'm only 25 that it plus growing older is causing your problems.

I dont remember if you said you had these mind problems while on Neurontin? Have you thought about switching back to Neurontin? I hope things get better! And remember, this too shall pass.

Blair
Spondylolisthesis
1/04 fall in Vegas
1/04-5/04 epiderals
6/24/04 Charite L5/S1
10/04-present new pain from facet joints caused by Charite; 10 facet blocks
12/06 rhizotomy left side
3/07 rhizotomy right side
5/10/2007 Charite removed, anterior IF, posterior instrumentation
180 mg MS-contin; Oxycodone; 16 mg Zanaflex