View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 05:57 PM

Default re topamax

D,
I actually took this as an adjunct drug for migraines altho some people use it for neuropathies. It has a reputation of seriously decreasing one's appetite and I have to admit I wasn't hungry at all on it but then again nor was I on Neurontin after the first bit of time taking it (in the beginning I had the munchies bad for several weeks to a month).

I think many of these drugs when reading about them are enough to scare anybody away from trying them but where I was at back when needing to try and level out pain was unless it had a "black box" warning I'd probably try it and maybe even then depending on my level of pain.

I haven't had what I consider to be classic sciatica because what I had was very episodic even tho it was sciatic nerve like in terms of pain but not really what I think of classic sciatica.

Does it go away? Good question? Hopefully someone can answer that for you. My neuropathies went away. I'm almost afraid to write that but it's been nearly a year w/o medication for them and I haven't had a real recurrence altho some very light burning in my quads with too much sitting or chronic over stressing of my low back.

I'm so thankful that even tho I waited what seemed an eternity that L5S1 did autofuse. What a difference that's made in my pain levels. Now if only L4 would do the same (and hoping the result would be the same/less pain).