View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 02:29 PM

Default very encouraging responses!

Thanks you two.

I'm very encouraged to hear that my spine SHOULD continue to improve. I, like HOOCH, feel that my "avatar body" is taking time to get used to. My anatomy has definitely changed--everyone says I look TALLER.
Also, RE "aches and pains", I'm finding my UPPER back is now quite aggravated from time to time. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my lower back being so strong (structurally) that perhaps it transfers stress to the upper region. Sounds silly, I know, but my co-worker had major spine surgery on her Thoracic, and NEVER feels pain in that are, but only LOWER back pain--which is alleviated IF she exercises.
RE exercise--I've resumed biking for 4 months now. It's a great cardio.
RE resistance training--I only resumed 1 week ago. I did a chest, biceps routine on a Friday, and felt quite good during and after.
On Monday, however, I did a some seated rows (which generally targets the lower back). I didn't go to crazy with it, but eased my way into maybe 5 sets at a good weight. I had warmed up adequately too. I felt great all day...until evening. I felt as though my entire system was in SHOCK! I'm STILL in pain--upper back mainly. So I'm seeing my chiropractor this morning. He's "against" weight-training, which I feel isn't fair--since many people benefit from resistance training.
At any rate, anyone else have this experience? Not sure if it's a proprioception thing or not. I feel like my upper body NEEDS some resistance training, so that I can stay "firm"--believe me, I'm not doing it to look like Arnold; just want to feel (and look) my best.
OH yes, I have done some Pilates--long ago. Sort of expensive. But maybe that's a better way of easing into the gym scene again. I tried some assisted push ups last week, and it didn't feel right so I didn't continue. I did some Planks, which felt pretty good. But I certainly must diversify my core exercises.
Outcome: Semi-successful.
2010, December 14th: ADR--2 level Activ L with Dr. Zeegers, L4-L5 & L5-S1.

Last edited by mpolyglottos; 07-15-2011 at 02:32 PM.