View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 AM

Chiros... how many of them would look out of place wearing a red nose?

The thoracic thing is normal, they've put more lordosis in your lumber spine so the thoracic curve has to curve more to compensate. The spine is balanced in this fashion. If you're feeling it in your thoracic its probably good otherwise you'd feel it in your lower back if you fought the new lay of the land spine wise.

I would agree that Pilates is a good way of moving back into higher level activity. You can't afford to have a dysfunctional or weak core when you've gotten so bad you're getting fused or getting prosthetics put in your spine. You've gotta have your core and alignment sweet in a plank before you start adding a pushup hey.

I'm finding of got to learn to 'sink' into the new lordosis, and find that position of optimal loading. I had a lot of problems with going into thoracic extension, which caused lumbar extensions, and pain. But a lot of that was contributed to by my state post-op, physically a mess for 3 months chewing tramadol (prob due to fusion). Once the pain started to subside a bit I could make gains.