View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 10:26 AM

Hey guys,

Just a quick update. Things changed rather quickly for me after some Chiro treatments. For worse. I ended up with some pain in my shins/ankles that wouldn't subside... so I had a good chat with my wife and with my surgeon. It wasn't going to get any better, so I bit the bullet. My surgeon cautioned that my disc was very damaged and that neither a microdiscectomy or dynamic stabilization would alleviate my symptoms for long. It was too far gone. I tried!

I'm 9 days post op, sitting in Heathrow, waiting for my flight back to Canada. 9 hours is going be tough, but I'm very happy with my decision.

Thanks again for your insights and advice. In the end, I moved quickly to try and be of more help once baby #2 arrives... and my shins/toes feel great! The muscle spasms in my back and distraction pain will hopefully subside soon. I'm taking it slow and really hope I won't have to visit these boards much anymore.

I'm blogging my progress here:

"Backup"

Mr. Boeree in England was excellent and I would recommend him to anyone in our unfortunate position.

Cheers,

-Brett

Last edited by banhorn; 07-22-2011 at 10:29 AM.